Saturday, June 15, 2013

Dreams of Fairy Dusts and Magic Wands

flower crowns are so in this year.. so I just had to make myself one..

           
10 o'clock flower 
a late happy independence day to all!
Photos by Anna

I know fairies aren't real and magic is just for children but sometimes you wish you had them. If you haven't noticed yet the crochet lace top that I was working on is finally done. yay! I was so happy I had to go to the park and take some snaps. Thanks to my best friend and cousin, Anna and Ainest, who I tagged along. It was a lovely day at the park. Not too sunny, but park security was such a pain. They blew the whistle every time we stepped on the grass. I guess grasses are too expensive these days. Maybe that's why there's not a lot of those lying around here in the Philippines. But it was definitely fun times. Anyway back to the magic, I worked on it for at least a month. When you're working on a project like this it feels like it takes forever to finish. You always dream of the time when you can drop the hook, cut the yarn and finally wear the piece. I wish there were fairy dusts and magic wands I can whip out and make my hands crochet so fast I could finish a project in a day. Sadly I don't live in Disney World or in Neverland. Every stitch has to be painstakingly done as it should, and the end result is a labor of love. Now I'm on to my next project. Here's the pattern for the crochet lace top. I used a different yarn and added sleeves to mine for modesty. As they say, modesty never goes out of style. I hope all of you have a lovely day.







2 comments: