Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Thoughts on Crochet


Songbook Cover

My everyday bag
Handbag I use for church.
free pattern available here.

Sunglasses cover
Make up bag

Here are a few of my creations I've been working on for the past month. My goal this month was to have everything in my bag crocheted. I still got one more project to go and that's my Bible cover which I have to put on hold since I ran out of yarn. How are your projects coming along? I know we all have a million projects in our minds just waiting to be brought to life but it helps to have a few, realistic goals set each week or even each day. We know all too well that we sometimes get ahead of ourselves and be greedy. We dream of projects that are just too big, too complicated, and too expensive. Last month I wanted to make a colorful ripple stitch blanket but when I thought of it, I knew I wasn't patient enough to work on that for maybe a couple of months not to mention the cost of all those yarns. So here's a verse that reminds me to just relax and not take things too seriously because honestly, these are just things that I will leave behind someday. Well, happy crocheting everyone!




Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. Colossians 3:2

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS! I wish I have the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ate! I will try to make you one soon.

      Delete
  2. I love them all but the blue bag is my fave...looking forward to your next post ^_^

    ReplyDelete