Monday, March 25, 2013

Winter Dreams


Made this finger-less mittens... too bad I can't wear it here. #wishing for cold weather.
free pattern available here.
Hello there my lovely readers! Summer has officially arrived in my side of the continent. I think it runs around 34 degrees Celsius outside which is pretty hot. Most of the time I'm in my room crocheting the day away indulging in the cool air conditioning. (Sometimes I just look for an excuse to crochet. haha!) As you can see above I made me some finger-less mittens. I don't know when I probably would be wearing it but it was really cute so I couldn't resist. Yesterday, me and my cousins went to thrift stores around the city and there were a lot of sweaters and jumpers on sale. I'm really into Mori fashion these days. If you don't know anything about Mori fashion click here for pictures. It is sometimes called forest girl fashion. Mori means forest in Japanese. Here's what I found in google that I think best describes what Mori fashion is.

Mori girl style is, above all else, comfortable. Loose, dreamy layers made from natural fabrics like cotton and wool, along with crochet, knit, and fur pieces are all part of the look. Mori girl has a quietness about it that seems to permeate one's lifestyle as well. A wearer of mori girl values things that are genuine, antique, and handmade. She is happy in her own company and she enjoys making things for herself.

That is just brilliantly said. It totally characterizes my fashion and lifestyle these days. It's just really sad that I can't wear it everyday in my place. How's the weather in your side of the world? 



1 comment: